PapGene, Inc. is a clinical diagnostic lab spun-off from a leading research group at Johns Hopkins University. We specialize in next-generation sequencing of cytology samples and are in the process of building out a CLIA-compliant clinical lab.
We are looking for a Top Quality Molecular Lab Technician with excellent lab skills and great attention to detail.
As a key member of PapGene, the successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Scientific Officer. He/she will perform routine next-generation sequencing procedures following Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in accordance with CLIA regulations.
- Perform routine molecular biology lab duties such as DNA extraction, PCR, and all associated sample prep for next generation sequencing.
- Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency and timeliness in accordance with laboratory standard operating procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Assist with the generation and updating of laboratory SOPs.
- Perform basic lab maintenance tasks such as ordering laboratory reagents, oligonucleotides and other lab supplies, and keeping detailed lab records.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform day-to-day work on next-generation sequencing equipment (e.g., Illumina MiSeq).
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and other relevant regulatory agency standards such as CLIA.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling.
- Proficiency with basic laboratory calculations, such as dilutions and weights.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and company clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and critical problem-solving abilities.
- Previous experience with next-generation sequencing would be an advantage.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant chemical, physical, or biological field.
- 2 years’ experience in a CLIA lab performing high-complexity testing.
- Please submit your resume to hr@PapGeneInc.com and include a cover letter explaining why you think your background is a good fit with this job description.