We are seeking candidates who have demonstrated evidence and passion for solving pressing challenges in biotechnology through past leadership experiences and academic/professional endeavors. The quality and ingenuity of ideas expressed in an applicant’s application will be heavily weighted during the selection process. Successful applicants show innovative thinking and creativity in addressing the questions relating to the “gaps” in the bio-economy.
The Leaders of Tomorrow selection process involves two application windows:
- Early Decision Phase
- Deadline: November 26, 2018 at 23:59 EST
- Early admission to GapSummit 2019 will be offered to outstanding applicants; several spots in the 2019 Leaders of Tomorrow Class will be reserved for early admission decisions
- Regular Admission Phase
- Deadline: January 12, 2019 at 23:59 EST
October 15, 2018
November 26, 2018
Early Decision Deadline
January 12, 2019
End of January 2019
Opportunities as a Leader of Tomorrow at GapSummit 2019
Being a Leader of Tomorrow at GapSummit 2019 enables a wealth of opportunities, including:
- The ability to connect with world leaders in the biotech community, including industry CEOs, investors, policy makers, and pioneering scientists in academia, industry and government
- Get to know other outstanding peers and future leaders from around the world
- Experience the global biotech hub in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA
- Discover career opportunities, identify career paths and network with potential employers
- Expand your intellectual horizons and gain a comprehensive overview of pressing challenges that will need to be solved by 2050
- Compete in the Voices of Tomorrow Competition to catalyze innovation, further develop your entrepreneurial skill sets, and win prizes and mentorship from partnering companies
We are welcoming applications for Leaders of Tomorrow from all regions of the world. The main requirements are: early career, speak English, have an excellent academic and/or professional track record, and have strong written and oral communication skills. Past Leaders of Tomorrow are ineligible to apply to GapSummit 2019. Candidates invited to GapSummit 2019 as Leaders of Tomorrow are expected to participate in the Voices of Tomorrow Competition and commit to attending the full duration of the conference. There is no fee to attend GapSummit 2019 for successful applicants. GapSummit 2019 will fully cover accommodation and meals for all Leaders of Tomorrow during the conference.
Successful applicants generally encompass the following profiles:
- Students and Researchers
- Undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students at international, world leading universities
- Strong academic profiles in a broad spectrum of disciplines, including core biosciences, engineering, business, law, and policy
- Early-career professionals
- Outstanding individuals at the start of their professional careers from top global organizations, including industry, non-profits, government, etc.
- Individuals with a passion for advancing the biotech industry and addressing grand challenges beyond solely developing their own careers.