The Media Relations team at Johns Hopkins Medicine is searching for a temporary communications specialist for an approximately 4-6 month position. The communications specialist will support basic science communications at JHM through activities including:
- Coordinating planning and support of media events.
- Using a content management system to update websites.
- Formatting and sending out a monthly email newsletter.
- Fielding journalist inquiries and linking journalists with appropriate faculty members for interviews.
- Escorting film crews shooting interviews and other footage on campus.
- Tracking and analyzing performance data, and helping to produce reports based on data.
- Some writing of news pieces.
- Managing social media feeds related to research and basic sciences.
Required skills and experience: This position requires demonstrated familiarity and comfort with biological principles and academic research. Also helpful is some experience with writing and communications, whether in a full-time position or through work with campus publications, blogs, etc. Candidates should be well versed in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop, and able to quickly learn and use software and CMS systems
For more information, contact:
Shawna Williams, Communications Manager, Media Relations, Johns Hopkins Medicine