We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative research investigator with demonstrated expertise in the design and application of viral vector systems for cell therapy to join a dynamic team dedicated to the discovery and development of novel cell therapies for cancer.
In particular, this position will focus on the development of chimeric antigen receptors for T cell based therapy and advancing the field in regulatable approaches to CAR therapy.
The candidate is expected to have an in depth understanding of vector design and advanced molecular biology skills with a proven track record of publications.
The successful candidate is expected to have the ability to lead the discovery, direction, and productivity of an immuno-oncology laboratory.
As a lead scientist, the candidate will be responsible for the design, characterization and validation of novel cell therapy approaches. The ideal candidate will also be expected to continue their work at the bench, and will have the opportunity to supervise and develop BS/MS level scientists.
This position requires excellent organizational skills, creativity, enthusiasm and the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
• Ph.D. in molecular biology, immunology or related field
• Minimum 2 years of post-doctoral experience using advanced molecular biology techniques in cancer and/or immunology research
• Independent, self-motivated and track record of innovation
• Extensive experience in genome editing techniques, vector design and expression systems
•Expertise in lentiviral approaches and primary T cell systems highly desirable
• Excellent written and oral communication skills