At 4D Molecular Therapeutics, our goal is to design and develop transformative gene therapy products using our proprietary adeno-associated virus variants platform to treat serious unmet medical conditions. We are seeking a talented and motivated Scientist to join our team in supporting our viral drug therapy research efforts as we contribute to the future of gene therapeutics.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Demonstrates innovative design, development and execution of research projects through literature review and scientific teamwork
• Designs and constructs novel AAV vectors for in vitro analysis and proof-of-concept animal studies
• Contributes to the execution of design, optimization, verification, troubleshooting and validation of current and new assays and provides input into the design, direction, implementation and interpretation of experimental studies
• Writes study reports, manuscripts and presents results at appropriate scientific meetings
• Observes and complies with Company’s Safety policies and procedures
• Performs hands on research in company’s lab to move scientific projects forward
• Effectively mentors junior level staff and acts as a resource for providing scientific expertise
• Contributes to building a culture that embraces continuous learning, improvement and innovation, and encourages team members to expand their technical skill base and deepen their gene therapy expertise.
• Utilizes appropriate scientific approaches to understand characteristics of adeno-associated virus variants to drive decisions and assess potential application of company’s gene library
• Maintains a current awareness and contributes to current scientific literature; actively applies new concepts and technologies as appropriate
• Leads and supports research initiatives such as new technology development and continuous improvement projects
• Leverages strong understanding of gene therapy principles to design, assess and interpret experimental data, then uses the resulting information to inform selection of the optimal vector delivery strategy
• Designs and implements appropriate adeno-associated virus variants based experiments to help predict the in vivo bioperformance of potential gene therapies
• Possession of a PhD and at least two years of post-doctoral experience in one of the following disciplines: Virology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology or Biochemistry or Related Field
• Knowledge and working experience in viral gene therapy vector (adeno associated viral vectors preferred) experimentation production; background in protein and/or viral engineering preferred
• Solid proficiency in molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques such as molecular cloning, PCR, mammalian cell culture, immunoblot, gene transfection procedures.
• Successful demonstrated ability to work independently in designing and developing new assay methods, analyzing and interpreting data in a rigorous way
• Ability to multi-task and support more than one project simultaneously
• Ability to work in a team based environment, cooperatively and supportive of multiple viewpoints and approaches
• Understanding and knowledge of key scientific software programs
• Strong organizational skills, analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills both written and oral with demonstrated ability to present ideas and information and data effectively via one on one discussions, team meetings and partnership interactions