Are you looking for new opportunity with a reputable, fast-growing organization? Do you want to work for a company that has an exciting global mission, innovative business strategies and makes a positive impact in society? Keep reading.
Genoptix Medical Laboratory, a division of Novartis, is focused on developing and commercializing evidence-driven diagnostic tests to improve physicians’ ability to optimize patient outcomes.
Design, create, execute, and troubleshoot new Flow cytometry based procedures and assays with high level of independence while working on multiple projects. Drives the launch of new platforms/assays and manage projects of strategic importance. Possess critical thinking, initiation, management of success and failure of complex projects. Serve as subject matter expert for assay development and/or technical lead for execution of clinical sample testing from concept to completion. Provide key scientific knowledge to drive success of strategic activities. Ability to forge relationships with scientists at all levels and provide guidance. May manage performance and mentoring of other associates. Be able to direct routine tasks of associates with and without authority. Serve as the key point of contact for other functional teams, departments, commercial and external partners. Works closely with managers, directors and leadership team. Will participate on cross functional teams and projects. Develop timelines and work flows to ensure successful execution of assigned projects and processes. Strategizes to identify and mitigate risks. Makes recommendations for scientific processes and drives projects to completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, create, execute, and troubleshoot new multi-parameter (8 or more colors) Flow cytometry procedures and assays while ensuring all timelines and assay performance criteria are met
- Responsible for writing and reviewing technical documents.
- Lead internal and external presentations and writing of publications.
- Manage & execute laboratory research and testing of patient specimens
- Conduct meetings and technical briefings for senior management
- Ensure quality standards are met in clinical laboratory testing
- Train and assist new staff with technical and operational procedures
- Navigate and troubleshoot complex problems that may adversely affect test performance/results and direct others to resolve problems. Streamline/simplify lab workflow while ensuring compliance.
- Analyze complex data for trends making recommendations to more senior scientific staff
- Attends networking events and keeps abreast of scientific advances
Education & Qualifications
- PhD in Immunology or a related field with minimum of 3-5 years’ experience post PhD work experience
- 1-3 years of Industry experience would be preferable but not required
- MS with 8, preferably 10 years, of directly relevant experience
- BS/ BA with scientific emphasis with minimum of 12 years of directly relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices and standards associated with analytical assay development/validation and/or sample testing in a laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of techniques directly applicable to the research services provided by Genoptix (Flow cytometry and in addition molecular and cellular biological techniques such as FISH, qPCR, NGS etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Work well in a team
- Excellent written and oral communication and intrapersonal skills required.
- Critical thinking, high degree of ownership, good presentations skills, ability to quickly adapt to changing projects and priorities, business acumen.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve milestones and exceed goals with minimal direction
- Streamline/simplify lab workflow to improve efficiency while ensuring compliance