We have an exciting newly created opportunity for an outstanding Senior Scientist in our Virology Group, who will be responsible for selecting and characterizing drug-resistance mutants, culturing and testing clinical isolates, and supporting in vitro and in vivo antiviral studies.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is a research and development-focused biotechnology company that uses its robust chemistry-driven approach and drug discovery capabilities to create small molecule drugs for viral infections and liver diseases. Enanta has developed novel protease and NS5A inhibitors that are members of the direct-acting-antiviral (DAA) inhibitor classes designed for use against the hepatitis C virus (HCV). Enanta’s protease inhibitors partnered with AbbVie include paritaprevir, which is contained in AbbVie’s marketed DAA regimens for HCV. Enanta also has a program to develop a host-targeted antiviral (HTA) inhibitor class for HCV targeted against cyclophilin, as well as another DAA program to develop nucleotide polymerase inhibitors. In addition, Enanta has a preclinical program in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH, which is a condition that results in liver inflammation and liver damage caused by a buildup of fat in the liver.
• Obtain clinical isolates and establish culturing and testing in house
• Perform resistance selection with novel antiviral drugs in vitro and characterize mechanism of resistance
• Build reverse genetics system in house to analyze drug-resistance mutants
• Support in vivo efficacy studies, analyze tissue samples for viral load reduction
• Perform time-of-addition study and investigate mechanism of action
• Interpersonal Skills – Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
• Communication Skills – Solid oral, written communication, and presentation skills.
• Collaboration & Teamwork – Advanced competence in collaboration & teamwork.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Ph.D. in Virology with 5+ years of relevant experience.