HBN-CASSS Mentor Match Program
Duration of Program
- Formal mentorship will last 3 months, beginning after mentor and mentee have been paired
We set this parameter to help us manage connections and to solicit feedback from mentors and trainees at an appropriate time point. You are encouraged to continue the mentorship and long as both parties see fit.
Nature of Meetings
- The student is responsible for driving the mentoring relationship, arranging meetings, setting the goals and gain agreement for ways the mentor may assist them.
- Mentors and mentees will meet at minimum once a month
- Meetings can be in person or virtual (phone, video conference)
- The time frame and meeting frequency can be altered if both the mentee and the mentor agree. We recommend this be established in the beginning and agreed upon by both parties.
- At the end of each meeting, we recommend discussing a list of action items to be completed by the following meeting
If your mentor/mentee becomes unresponsive at any point during the 3-month period, please inform the program coordinator as soon as possible.
- Mentees will be provided with a worksheet to help them identify career interests-, short- and long-term goals, and expectations for the program. Mentees have the option to share this with their mentor during the first meeting to use as a launching point for discussion
- Informational interviews are used to help students identify which mentors would be a good fit, and vice versa
- Mentors may respectfully decline an informational interview if they have received several requests
- Evaluation surveys will be sent to mentees and mentors and at the conclusion of the formal mentoring period (3 months)
- Survey will ask questions about your mentorship experience and offer a place to submit feedback
- HBN will conduct check-ins with mentees as needed
- The Hopkins Biotech Network will create and manage a private LinkedIn group that all mentors and mentees will be able to connect through
- Each cohort of mentors and mentees will have a separate group
Even if you have mentored with us before, we request that you join the new LinkedIn group
how to apply
Program is open to all Masters, Ph.D. and post-doc trainees!
- Completed application form
- Statement of interest (200 word max)
- Branded and up-to-date LinkedIn page
Applications for our Fall 2021 cohort will be opening soon! Subscribe to stay connected.
Companies represented: Amgen, Novartis, MedImmune, FDA, Pfizer, IonDx, Gates Foundation
….. and many more!