|Flagship Pioneering Fellowship
Flagship Pioneering conceives, resources, and builds life-changing bioscience companies that create breakthroughs in health and sustainability. We harness science and entrepreneurialism to envision alternative futures, beginning with seemingly unreasonable propositions and navigating to transformational outcomes through an iterative, evolutionary methodology. We call this process “pioneering”.
We believe pioneering is best done in teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. We are looking for extraordinary scientists, engineers, physicians and entrepreneurs to learn this process and work alongside individuals within the Flagship Ecosystem who are defined by their passion, boldness, and creative optimism. We collaborate, encourage failure, trust one another, and celebrate successful solutions to hard problems. We respect diversity of opinion, because we value the freedom to explore hunches.
At Flagship Pioneering, company creation begins with investigating “What if?” and “If only…”. Flagship Pioneering Fellows work in teams, asking “What if” or “If only” and starting with a blank sheet of paper, relying not on literature but on their scientific instincts and creativity to generate novel scientific concepts that challenge dogma. Flagship Pioneering Fellows learn to variate, iterate, and shape these ideas into unreasonable yet compelling venture hypotheses.
- 12 Week Full-Time Fellowship: June 7, 2021 – August 27, 2021
- Flagship Pioneering Fellows receive a stipend
- Flagship Pioneering Fellows work at the Flagship Pioneering offices in Kendall Square (55 Cambridge Parkway, Cambridge, MA, USA), conditions permitting
Key Benefits of the Flagship Pioneering Fellowship Include:
- Learn Flagship Pioneering’s system of generating and refining actionable pioneering hypotheses
- Exhibit and develop your creativity, adaptability, and ability to innovate
- Contribute to the creation of game-changing ideas & innovations that can be developed into the next breakthrough companies
- Work directly with highly experienced Flagship Pioneering team members—a group of widely recognized scientists, entrepreneurs, and executives
- Build relationships and expand your network with a diverse and highly successful group of peers
- Work alongside and learn from science and business leaders, providing a unique platform for personal growth
- Explore opportunities to become a full-time member of the Flagship Pioneering team
- Academic excellence and Deep scientific background in life sciences
- Demonstrated leader and Effective communicator
- Self-starter mentality and Creative in the ability to solve complex scientific problems
- Strong team player
- Currently a graduate or post graduate student (PhD, MD, etc.) with a scientific background from a top program
- Available for full time employment by Spring 2022